JUNIOR POSITION • FULL TIME • MANHATTAN, NY (Near Bryant Park)
The Junior Interior Designer will be responsible for developing and recording technical aspects of a project. They will work closely with the Design Director, project manager, coordinators, and project teams on conceptual designs, presentations, design development, and production. As a furniture dealer designer, the candidate’s responsibilities could include space planning, specifying corporate systems and ancillary furniture, as well as providing this information to team members in an organized, accurate, and prompt manner. Additional responsibilities include:
- Communicate with designers, clients, and vendors to ensure accuracy of orders and scheduling of services.
- Create plan drawings, 3D renderings, and detailed installation drawings
- Provide excellent customer service to clients to maximize all opportunities, whether through direct contact, over the phone, or through the mail and maintain a positive customer service environment.
- Work with manufacturers to design and apply product specials to accommodate special product applications for clients.
- Work closely with the sales department, project coordinators, and project managers to ensure every aspect of a project meets customer expectations
- Degree in either Interior Design, architecture, or product design (or 1 year comparable).
- Professional demeanor.
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented, and organized.
- Must enjoy working with a diverse group of people.
- Strong communication skills.
- A natural problem-solver.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit a plus.
- Experience in Sketch-up, Photoshop/Illustrator and InDesign a plus.
- A knowledge and understanding of basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to adapt, learn quickly, and multitask while meeting deadlines
- Ability to receive constructive criticism
- Knowledge of furniture industry a plus.
- Those familiar with CET design and/or Project Matrix are encouraged to apply.