Together we will create a world that inspires human connection.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Get ready for brainstorm sessions, bagel-Fridays, and the contagious excitement we bring to the office every day! Our pursuit of greatness means we are constantly looking for innovative, talented individuals to join our growing family. Whether you’re interested in design, project management, sales, or marketing… if you’re great, we’d like to meet you! We know it takes great people to do great business.
Clients are at the heart of our business. Everything we do is designed to help them achieve their business goals and stay a step head. To do this, we take time to really get to know them and the current challenges they face.
Our company has been in business for over 24 years, and we learned a lot along the way. We implement the knowledge we’ve gained into real world solutions and efficiently tackle any challenge that comes our way. Read more about our history here.
We know a successful company is made up of hardworking and steadfast employees. We value the skills and talents of each person in our CFI family and are quick to say “THANK YOU” for their endless dedication.
CURRENT CAREER OPENINGS
JUNIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
JUNIOR POSITION • FULL TIME • MANHATTAN, NY (Near Bryant Park)
The Junior Interior Designer will be responsible for developing and recording technical aspects of a project. They will work closely with the Design Director, project manager, coordinators, and project teams on conceptual designs, presentations, design development, and production. As a furniture dealer designer, the candidate’s responsibilities could include space planning, specifying corporate systems and ancillary furniture, as well as providing this information to team members in an organized, accurate, and prompt manner. Additional responsibilities include:
- Communicate with designers, clients, and vendors to ensure accuracy of orders and scheduling of services.
- Create plan drawings, 3D renderings, and detailed installation drawings
- Provide excellent customer service to clients to maximize all opportunities, whether through direct contact, over the phone, or through the mail and maintain a positive customer service environment.
- Work with manufacturers to design and apply product specials to accommodate special product applications for clients.
- Work closely with the sales department, project coordinators, and project managers to ensure every aspect of a project meets customer expectations
- Degree in either Interior Design, architecture, or product design (or 1 year comparable).
- Professional demeanor.
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented, and organized.
- Must enjoy working with a diverse group of people.
- Strong communication skills.
- A natural problem-solver.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit a plus.
- Experience in Sketch-up, Photoshop/Illustrator and InDesign a plus.
- A knowledge and understanding of basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to adapt, learn quickly, and multitask while meeting deadlines
- Ability to receive constructive criticism
- Knowledge of furniture industry a plus.
- Those familiar with CET design and/or Project Matrix are encouraged to apply.
YOUR CAREER. OUR COMMITMENT.
“Working at CFI is like being around family. Everyone cares about each other and is willing to help out whenever they can.”
ELIZABETH GRIFFIN • Project Specialist
“Management saw my potential, and from the moment I began working at CFI, I felt accepted and valued as an employee. CFI truly is a family-oriented company and their values as a company match who they are as people: genuine, honorable, and good-hearted.”
MELISSA DEITZ • Project Coordinator
“We all have a common goal – to obtain client satisfaction. CFI at your service! Our recipe for success: Our team always comes together and puts in their 100%. Everyone is an important player.”
DOMINIQUE FORCIER • Senior Designer
“CFI treats you like family and truly cares about their employees and their customers.”