SENIOR POSITION • FULL TIME • MOUNTAINSIDE, NJ
The Senior Interior Designer is responsible for developing, managing, and recording technical aspects of a project. They work closely with the project manager, design coordinators, and project teams on conceptual designs, presentations, design development, and production. The ideal candidate needs to have experience in the design process as part of a larger team. Responsibilities include space planning, specifying corporate systems and ancillary furniture, as well as providing this information to team members in an organized, accurate, and prompt manner.
- Oversee and coordinate numerous design projects at one time.
- Communicate with designers, clients, and vendors to ensure accuracy of orders and scheduling of services.
- Create plan drawings, 3D renderings, and detailed installation drawings
- Provide excellent customer service to clients to maximize all opportunities, whether through direct contact, over the phone, or through the mail and maintain a positive customer service environment.
- Resolve any customer issues that may arise, and consider all suggestions and implement changes as necessary.
- Work with manufacturers to design and apply product specials to accommodate special product applications for clients.
- Work closely with the sales department, project coordinators, and project managers to ensure every aspect of a project meets customer expectations
- Degree in Interior Design required.
- Previous experience in office furniture sales is preferred.
- Professional demeanor.
- Must be highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Must enjoy working with a diverse group of people.
- Design skills, creative, and inspirational thinker.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Deadline driven.
- A natural problem-solver.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, CET Designer, Project Matrix (preferable) or 2020 Cap.
- A knowledge and understanding of basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with customers and other associates, representing the company in a professional manner.
- Previous experience in the A&D community is preferred.